Advances in Liver and Metabolic Disease Research
Meet InSphero liver and metabolic disease experts to learn about 3D InSight™ assay-ready models for disease research and efficacy testing. Our scientists will present data using liver and islet disease models that closely mimic healthy and diseased human biology, reducing the need for animal testing. Attend our innovation workshop and look for us in the poster hall, where we’ll be available to discuss your research challenges, or contact us now to schedule a meeting during the congress.
- Recapitulate fibrosis, steatosis, and NASH states with advanced liver disease models that incorporate primary human hepatocytes, Kupffer cells, and liver endothelial cells
- See the latest developments in microtissues model-based metabolic systems that emulate healthy and diseased states of human liver and pancreatic islets
- Rely on ISO 9001:2015 quality-controlled microtissues for reproducible results
- Reduce animal testing with a pharma-validated 3D liver model
Our 3D InSight™ Liver Disease Model Platform enables the study of liver disease progression and efficacy testing of anti-steototic and anti-fibrotic drugs.
Discover more with expert drug discovery services
Talk to our team at EASL to discuss how you can put us to work for you. 3D InSight™ Diabetes and NASH Drug Discovery Services are designed to help you discover new compounds for treatment of diabetes, liver fibrosis and NASH.
- Diabetes Drug Testing to assess anti-diabetic drug efficacy in long-lived and functionally robust islet microtissues
- Fibrosis and NASH Drug Testing to investigate efficacy of drugs designed to inhibit progression of liver disease
- Custom Liver and Metabolic Studies tailored to your research needs.
Defeating the Animal: Accelerate Drug Discovery with Screen-able 3D Liver Disease Models
This innovation workshop will focus on the utility of 3D microtissue models and microphysiological systems for the study of liver disease, toxicity testing, and drug discovery applications. Topics will include the advantages of advanced in vitro models over animal testing, considerations for efficacy testing in liver disease models, and the latest developments in modeling metabolic circuits for NAFLD research
Workshop Chair: Andrea Lindemann, PhD
Instructors: Monika Kijanska, PhD; Radina Kostinova, PhD; Burcak Yesildag, PhD
Liver Disease Modeling: Fibrosis
Abstract ID: PS-103
Presenting Author: Radina Kostadinova, PhD
Title: Development and characterization of a novel microtissue-based 3D human liver fibrosis model for anti-fibrotic drug discovery
Metabolic Disease Modeling
Abstract ID: THU-501
Presenting Author: Burcak Yesildag, PhD
Title: Diseased human 3D microtissues as building blocks for complex metabolic in vitro systems
Liver Disease Modeling: NASH
Abstract ID: THU-502
Presenting Author: Radina Kostadinova
Title: A novel microtissue-based 3D human liver NASH model for drug discovery