A complete kit to help you integrate advanced 3D liver models into your drug induced liver injury (DILI) testing workflow
Are you looking to conduct an in-house evaluation of 3D InSight™ Human Liver Microtissues, or simply ready to begin working with our latest, most genetically diverse multi-donor human liver microtissue model? The 3D InSight™ DILI Evaluation Kit makes it simple for you to get started by bundling the essentials needed to evaluate and begin implementing 3D microtissue models. Each kit contains the following components:
- 6 Plates of 3D InSight™ Human Liver Microtissues (multi-donor hepatocytes, co-cultured with Kupffer cells) – enough to test 6 of your compounds and 6 reference compounds (included)
- Microtissue maintenance and specialized tox testing medium – optimized for use with human liver microtissues
- 3D InSight™ Cytotoxicity Assay Kits – includes Promega CellTiter-Glo® technology
- 6 Reference compounds – Ambrisentan, Sitaxsentan, Tolcapone, Entacapone, Chlorpromazine, and Ketoconazole
InSphero 3D InSight™ Human Liver Microtissues are produced weekly and regularly shipped to customers in the United States and Europe. Place your order on or before Tuesday at 6 PM CET (12 PM EST) to have your microtissues ship the following week.
For pricing information and shipping costs, please request a quote, indicating the desired model system, the number of plates needed, and the preferred ship date. For more detailed information about the order and shipment dates for all InSphero microtissue products, please see our quarterly production schedule.
Catalog # Description KT-02-121-14
3D InSight™ DILI Evaluation Kit
- 6x MT-02-304-04 (HuLiMT, multi-donor hepatocytes, co-culture with Kupffer cells)
- 1x CS-07-001a-02 Medium – AF (250mL)
- 1x CS-07-001-01 Medium – TOX (500mL)
- 2x AK-01-001-01 Cytotoxicity Assay Kit (10 mL)
- 3x CP-01-201-01 DILI reference compounds, delivered in deep-well V-bottom plate: Ambrisentan, Sitaxsentan, Tolcapone, Entacapone, Chlorpromazine, Ketoconazole; 7 concentrations, including DMSO (control).
3D InSight™ DILI Evaluation Kits are ideal for:
- Evaluation - initial testing of 3D InSight™ Multi-donor Human Liver Microtissues, with simultaneous comparison of in-house test compounds to a set of defined reference compounds
- Adoption - first-time hands-on implementation of 3D InSight™ Multi-donor Human Liver Microtissues and protocols into a workflow following successful evaluation through an InSphero 3D InSight™ DILI Evaluation Service project
Standardized 3D Liver Microtissues
Each DILI Evaluation Kit contains 3D InSight™ Multi-donor Human Liver Microtissues (co-culture with Kupffer cells) which offer the same structural and functional robustness of our single-donor 3D InSight™ Human Liver Microtissues, while mitigating potentially confounding responses resulting from single-donor CYP polymorphisms. By pooling hepatocytes from 10 donors (5 male, 5 female), multi-donor microtissues more closely approximate the average human response, and extend donor lot availability to ensure a long-term supply of donor material.
Optimized Culture Medium
3D InSight™ DILI Evaluation Kits include two specialized growth media: Advanced Formula “AF” maintenance medium, which contains growth factors to support cellular viability, and purified bovine serum albumin (BSA) to mimic colloid-osmotic pressures present in a native liver environment; and BSA-free “TOX” medium for DILI testing to avoid BSA-binding related changes in freely available compound during testing.
The 3D InSight™ DILI Evaluation Kits uses cell viability to determine IC50s for test and reference compounds. Each kit includes two 3D InSight™ Cytotoxicity Assay Kits which utilize Promega CellTiter-Glo® technology, and an ATP-standard that allows quantitative measurement of intracellular ATP-levels of spheroids with a luminescent readout. The included protocol has been optimized to reflect the more complex 3D structure of spheroids.
Reference CompoundsSix reference compounds are included in the 3D InSight™ DILI Evaluation Kit: Ambrisentan, Sitaxsentan, Tolcapone, Entacapone, Chlorpromazine, and Ketoconazole.