3D InSight™ Human Islet Microtissues are a standardized alternative to primary human pancreatic islets for reproducible, reliable, and more efficient research.
- Expand your GSIS assay window and improve sensitivity to insulin secretagogues with a long-lived, robust model persisting more than 28 days in culture
- Eliminate islet pooling and data normalization with islet microtissues homogeneous in size and cellular composition
- Increase efficiency 6-fold by eliminating the need to hand pick islets with microtissues available bimonthly and delivered assay-ready in a non-adherent, 96-well plate
Our uniform, functionally robust human islet model ensures reproducible results
Production of 3D InSight™ Islet Microtissues starts with fine-tuned dissociation of primary donor islets, followed by controlled scaffold-free cellular reassembly and maturation in customized media that support maximum survival and optimal metabolic functionality of highly sensitive primary islet cells. The resulting uniform islets provide minimal intra-assay and intra-donor variability, while sustaining robust and long-term function.
Learn How Diabetes Researchers Use Our Models
Join us at the intersection of Diabetes research and organ-on-a-chip technology. In this webinar, InSphero Head of Islet Solutions, Dr. Burcak Yesilag and Dr. Patrick Misun of the ETH Zürich Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering discuss how dynamic insulin release can be studied in vitro using a novel microfluidic perifusion system. They present results of a study recently published in Advanced BioSystems, and offer their vision for the future of preclinical islet research.
Read our blogs to find out more about how our Islet team is working to drive innovative diabetes R&D and enabling type 1 and type 2 diabetes discovery with our 3D InSight™ Diabetes Discovery Platform. Our islet research team shares details about recently published papers, collaborative research presented at ADA, and data that we've compiled over 90 production runs that confirms why human islet models are fast becoming the in vitro gold standard for diabetes research.
“For us, InSphero islets represent the new gold standard for studies on human pancreatic islets. They are an extremely valuable and reproducible resource for the islet research community.”
PATRIK RORSMAN, PHD, RFS, RMEDSCI
Professor of Diabetic Medicine
University of Oxford
Photographer: Johan Wingborg
Human Islet Microtissue Specifications
- Guaranteed 28 days viability
- 96-well format, 1 microtissue per well
- Produced bimonthly, depending on islet donor availability
|MT-04-002-01||3D InSight™ Human Islet Microtissues|
|Media and Buffers*|
|CS-07-005-01||Human Islet Maintenance Medium, 500 mL|
|CS-07-005-02||Human Islet Maintenance Medium, 250 mL|
|CS-07-050-03||Human Islet Assay Medium, 125 mL|
|CS-07-051-01||Krebs-Ringer HEPES Buffer, 500 mL|
* available only when purchased with 3D InSight™ Microtissues