A standardized in vitro rat islet model for translational diabetes studies and toxicity testing
InSphero 3D InSight™ Rat Islet Microtissues is currently in the final stages of product development and quality control testing. If you are interested in beta testing this product to help us further characterize the model and develop useful endpoints, please click on the Get Started button below or contact us.
- Expand your GSIS assay window and improve sensitivity to insulin secretagogues with a long-lived, robust model persisting > 28 days in culture
- Use an in vitro model that reflects native rat islet biology with homogeneous islet size and cellular composition
- Increase efficiency by eliminating the need to hand pick islets, with microtissues available monthly and delivered assay-ready in a non-adherent Akura 96-well plate
Rat Islet Characterization Data
3D InSight™ Rat Islet Microtissues display stable viability, robust ß-cell function, and optimal incretin response for more than 28 days in culture. Within each microtissue, the endocrine cells adopt a ß-cell core and the non-β-cell mantle architecture similar to native rat pancreatic islets.
Uniform cytoarchitecture and functionality of rat islet microtissues enable simultaneous assessment of multiple endpoints (e.g. glucose-stimulated insulin secretion, total insulin, and ATP content) in a one-islet-per-well format. The standardized islet size provides more uniform compound penetration and simplifies the evaluation of changes in tissue size.
Rat Islet Microtissue Specifications
- Guaranteed 28 days viability
- 96-well format, 1 microtissue per well
- Produced on demand for beta testers
|MT-04-001-01||3D InSight™ Rat Islet Microtissues|
|Media and Buffers*|
|CS-07-006-01||Rat Islet Maintenance Medium, 500 mL|
|CS-07-006-02||Rat Islet Maintenance Medium, 250 mL|
|CS-07-051-01||Krebs-Ringer HEPES Buffer, 500 mL|
* available only when purchased with 3D InSight™ Microtissues