The 3D InSight™ Human Liver Disease Discovery Platform is designed for the study of non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases (NAFLD) such as diet-induced steatosis, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, and liver fibrosis. Platform add-ons include special kits for inducing the desired state, as well as assay kits that have been certified by our liver team for use with 3D InSight™ Human Liver Disease models.
3D InSight™ FFA-BSA Kit for liver steatosis induction
The 3D InSight™ FFA-BSA Kit contains conjugated, quality controlled, free fatty acids (FFA) bound to bovine serum albumin (BSA) for in vitro studies with 3D InSight™ Human Liver Disease Discovery Platform models. This kit is designed for efficient induction of steatosis to recapitulate the fatty liver disease state. The bioavailable, conjugated FFA substrates are readily taken up, metabolized and stored in primary human hepatocytes in our human liver microtissues models, enabling the study of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and other dietary-induced liver diseases.
- Start running lipid loading immediately with ready-to-use substrates that eliminate the need for the tedious, time-consuming variable conjugation process
- Receive a comprehensive, 3D optimized protocol for steatosis induction in 3D InSight™ Human Liver Microtissues and support from our expert application scientists
- Effectively model non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and other liver diseases using lipid-loaded Human Liver Microtissues.
FFA-BSA Kit Contents
Kit contains sufficient quantities to treat 4 x 96 microtissues.
- BSA (FFA-free) vehicle control
- BSA-coupled Oleate
- BSA-coupled Palmitate
Delivered at -20° C; Available only when purchased with
3D InSight™ Microtissues. Kit contains sufficient quantities to treat 4 x 96 microtissues.
|KT-03-300-02||3D InSight™ FFA-BSA Kit|
* 3D InSight™ Liver Disease Discovery Platform Bundles are customized based on specific partner requirements. Available only when purchased as part of a liver disease model.