3D InSight™ Rat Liver Microtissues are standardized, functional liver models containing primary Sprague-Dawley hepatocytes and Kupffer cells. They are delivered assay-ready for translational studies of effects of liver function and toxicity.
- Leverage scaffold-free 3D microtissue models composed of primary rat hepatocytes and Kupffer cells
- Predict drug-induced liver injury (DILI) in a 3D in vitro rat model that reflects in vivo species-specific toxicities (e.g., sensitivity to Acetaminophen)
- Perform mechanistic toxicity studies in an advanced model featuring intact hepatocyte function, bile salt excretion, and inflammatory-mediated toxicity pathways
This advanced 3D rat liver model is produced using cryopreserved primary rat hepatocytes and Kupffer cells in a ratio designed to reflect the cell composition of native rat liver. Hepatocytes are polarized and form functional bile-canaliculi. The incorporation of Kupffer cells increases the sensitivity of the cells to external stimuli, such as bacteria-derived lipopolysaccharide (LPS).
Rat Liver Microtissue Specifications
- Primary Sprague-Dawley hepatocytes
- Available as monoculture or co-culture with rat Kupffer cells
- Ideal for short-term toxicology and translational studies
- 96-well format, 1 microtissue per well
- 2-week production lead time
|MT-02-001-01||3D InSight™ Rat Liver Microtissues from primary Sprague-Dawley hepatocytes, monoculture (96x)|
|MT-02-001-004||3D InSight™ Rat Liver Microtissues from primary Sprague-Dawley hepatocytes, co-culture with Kupffer cells (96x)|
|AK-01-001-01||Cytotoxicity Assay Kit (for up to 4 96-well plates)|
|CS-07-002-01||Rat Liver Maintenance Medium, 500 mL|
|CS-07-002-02||Rat Liver Maintenance Medium, 250 mL|