Multiply the predictive power of 3D InSight™ Microtissues
InSphero engineered its microphysiological discovery platform to be compatible with our complete portfolio of 3D InSight™ microtissues, opening the door to a near unlimited variety of pre-clinical efficacy and toxicity testing applications in a multi-tissue, microfluidic assay format. From early prototypes conceived as part of the EU Body-on-a-Chip Project, our purpose has been to provide a pharma-ready microfluidic device for integrating advanced 3D microtissues.
The MPS discovery platform provides experimental continuity between single- and multi-tissue testing applications, enabling the seamless integration and optimal utilization of standardized 3D models from a single provider. Complete systems include pre-qualified 3D InSight™ Microtissues, media, assays, and a tilting-based flow control.
- Minimize cell, medium and compound use in a miniaturized 10-microtissue configuration that increases cell-to-media volume ratio up to 10-fold
- Leverage maximum physiological complexity while minimizing operational complexity with an automation-compatible, tubeless, tilting-based medium perfusion system to interconnect assay-ready advanced 3D models
- Compare numerous conditions in parallel on one plate allowing for the first-time throughput-compatible testing with a truly scalable microphysiological system not limited in the number of statistical replicates it can accommodate
- Rely on a diverse array of experimental endpoints ranging from cell-based and biochemical assays to on-chip high-content imaging, with flexible liquid sampling and non-disruptive microtissue retrieval
Global Recognition for the EU Body-on-a-Chip Project
- InSphero Scientist Receives 3Rs Award for Microtissue-based Body on a Chip System [Press Release]
- InSphero Publication Honored for Potential to Reduce Use of Research Animals [Press Release]
- The EU Body on a Chip Project honored by the Seventh European Union Framework Programe (FP7) in the Achievements of FP7 – examples that make us proud booklet. Read more …
- European Commission article summarizing BoC Project
- European Commission Blog Post by InSphero CTO Dr. Jens M. Kelm