Cohesive assay formats to streamline integration of 3D InSight™ microtissues
3D InSight™ Microtissues reach your lab assay-ready in Akura™ 96- or Akura™ 384 microtissue delivery plates, which are engineered to ensure safe transport, efficient handling, and reliable assessment of our 3D model systems. Unlike conventional assay plates, our patented Akura™ Technology microtissue delivery formats include non-adherent coating and unique features to simplify microtissue handling, and enable seamless integration of our advanced 3D models into your cell-based assay workflow. As you look to increase complexity, Akura™ Flow, our 3D multi-organ-on-a-chip system, enables culturing and interconnection of multiple 3D InSight™ microtissues under physiological flow conditions for microphysiological system-based pre-clinical testing applications.
Akura™ 96 Microtissue Delivery Plate
Automation friendly | Secure handling | Simple observation
Our patented SBS format Akura™ 96 microtissue delivery format is compatible with conventional cell-based assays, advanced imaging, and automated liquid handling systems.
- Prevent unintended microtissue aspiration and ensure accurate compound dosing with the unique SureXchange™ ledge design that shields the microtissue and retains consistent minimal remnant media volumes during medium exchange
- Preserve microtissue morphology and functionality in long-term culture with a highly stable non-adherent surface coating.
- Enhance microtissue imaging speed and resolution through a flat bottom well with a defined 1-mm quick-reference region of interest (ROI) and constant microtissue z-position
Akura™ 384 Microtissue Delivery Plate
High throughput | Secure handling | Superior imaging
Our Akura™ 384 delivery format is compatible with state-of-the-art imaging and automated liquid handling systems for HTS applications.
- Prevent unintended microtissue aspiration during medium exchange with a distinct microtissue culture chamber and our unique SureXchange™ ledge design
- Enhance high content imaging quality with a continuous, flat-bottom 175 μm glass base plate, and eliminate fluorescent crosstalk between wells with a black-walled body.
- Simplify microtissue localization, observation, and ROI identification with standard 1 mm diameter observation chambers
Akura™ Flow Microphysiological System
Perfusion culture | Interconnected microtissues | Parallelized
Increase physiological complexity while maintaining experimental simplicity. The Akura™ Flow microphysiological system makes microfluidic technology accessible to bench scientists who understand the biology they need to interrogate. It enables culturing of InSphero 3D InSight™ Microtissues under physiological flow conditions, with the flexibility to interconnect and culture different types of microtissues and enable multi-tissue configurations.
- Improve tissue-specific in vitro functionality in optimized microtissue flow chambers and interconnecting microchannels for controlled dynamic flow, providing efficient nutrient and oxygen supply while enabling paracrine/endocrine intertissue communication
- Simplify reliable and parallelized microtissue loading and retrieval with our unique SureXchange™ funnel design, and straightforward media sampling and exchange in an SBS standard plate format
- Eliminate compound absorption using a PDMS-free, full-polystyrene platform and our proven, long-term stable ULA coating