Evaluate pre-clinical species-specific drug effects in vitro using organotypic 3D liver microtissues
Cross-species Hepatotoxicity Testing uses our human and animal-derived liver models to compare species-specific hepatotoxicity of drugs due to xenobiotic metabolism or idiosyncratic drug hepatotoxicity.
- Compare drug-induced liver injury (DILI) in 3D primary liver microtissue models from human, monkey, dog, and rat
- Perform translational toxicity testing in advanced 3D liver microtissues using a standardized 7 day, repeat-dosing protocol for human, monkey, and dog models
- Normalize differential drug/media-component binding effects with a universal testing medium used for all species
Sample Cross-species Hepatotoxicity Testing Data
Compare hepatotoxic response in vitro across multiple species. Toxicity testing of compounds rated according to likelihood of causing drug-induced liver injury (DILI) in humans. Eight compounds were tested on Human, Monkey and dog Liver Microtissues, then categorized by potential DILI severity according to clinical data. Cmax values were taken from human in vivo studies.
Service at a Glance
- 7-day drug exposure with cell viability endpoint at day 7
- Repeat dosing protocol
- 7-point dose-response curve
- Available models: Human, Monkey, Dog, Rat*
* 3D InSight™ Rat Liver Microtissues are available for cross-species testing with 3 day compound exposure times. For cross-species testing that includes rat models, InSphero recommends using a 3 Day treatment protocol for all species to ensure optimal data correlation. Please discuss with your InSphero representative when designing your service study plan.
|3D InSight™ Cross-species Hepatotoxicity Testing. Select from these models:|
|SP-07-030-02||3D InSight™ Human Liver Microtissues (multi-donor hepatocytes, co-culture with Kupffer cells)|
|SP-07-030-04||3D InSight™ Monkey Liver Microtissues (primary cynomolgus hepatocytes)|
|SP-07-030-03||3D InSight™ Dog Liver Microtissues (primary beagle hepatocytes)|
|SP-07-030-01||3D InSight™ Rat Liver Microtissues* (primary Sprague-Dawley hepatocytes, co-culture with NPCs)|