Akura™ 3D SureKit
All-in-One Solution for DILI Compound Testing with Primary 3D Hepatocyte Spheroids
Akura™ 3D SureKit
The Akura™ 3D SureKit provides a validated all-in-one solution to generate and culture organotypic 3D spheroids from primary human hepatocytes.
The 3D SureKit contains frozen primary human hepatocytes and specialized media to aggregate the cells and culture the formed spheroids. 3D optimized Akura™ 96 plates are included to allow for reliable aggregation and loss-free media exchanges. Reference characterization data and dose-response curves for model DILI compounds are provided as benchmark data for your in-house experiments.
- Hepatocyte lot tested for 3D spheroids formation
- The best-in-class 3D cell culture compatible Akura™ 96 Spheroid Microplates, which guarantee homogenous aggregation of cells, minimal tissue loss during media exchanges, and an optimized geometry designed to minimize media evaporation
- InSphero proprietary aggregation and culture media are essential for generating and maintaining spheroids
- Access to QC data and protocols
- Ease of use and high reproducibility by using pre-qualified cells and thoroughly tested protocols
- Flexibility to perform your assays at your convenience, you can store the kit until just before performing your assays.
- Options to modify hepatocytes before or during the aggregation process (e.g. by viral transduction methods or gene-editing systems)
- Possibility to tailor the spheroid size by varying seeding cell numbers
- Option to customize spheroid composition by introducing additional cell types
- An advantage to benchmark generated liver spheroids to characterization data (morphology, cell health, functionality, and sensitivity towards a panel of standard DILI compounds)